Thursday, November 19, 2015

Perfect Balance

The Perfect Balance

I wrote the following prayer while in the hospital on July 25, 2012. The group leader’s lecture was on Yin Yang and how most people mistakenly believe that the darkness represents bad attributes, but there are no moral good or bad associated to the philosophy. He taught that there is balance in the tension. This meant to me that without darkness, light cannot shine. As my thoughts allowed the love of God to drip into my soul, I owned this philosophy within the paradigm of my own faith, and this prayer sprang forth.

Where there is darkness – Lord shed your light.
Where the light is too bright – Lord give me the shade of your peace.
Where I am hard and stubborn- Lord soften my stony heart. 
Where I am too soft, yielding too easy – Lord, make me courageous through your strength.
Where my world becomes so big it spins out of control – Lord let me find comfort in your ways.
Where my life feels so small, I am confined and trapped in my own existence -Lord, remind me that you are

INFINITE

and within that EXPANSE

I find PURPOSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment